Sunday, September 17, 2006

Jilian are you ready to come out now?





Jilian are you ready to come out now?



Don't ya think they'll make great parents. Uninterupted sleep may be a thing of the past. I can confirm it, parenting is by far the most challenging, tricky, exhausting, rewarding job in the universe according to my limited experience. Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be a Mommy. I didn't know how much I would sacrifice, love and constant improving on my part it would actually take. Even though it's not all sunshine and roses I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's not all poopy diapers and teething either. Lucky for me there are plenty of others willing to share what did and did not work for them. That really helps. Plus my mom and granny and their limited memories. My grandmother still swears her boys were all trained on the chamber pot by the time they were six months old. Mother in law offers plenty of advice and help too. My mom said I never slept. When I look at my son I know he's a minibetty but more subdued. I can only imagine how hyper I was. Actually I can remember until the ritalin and sugar free diet put a damper on things. It gave me such bad nightmares. Pregnant woman and newborns are everywhere,is it time for another one? We'll see. Pat says with a big goofy smile, "We might have a bun in the oven." Imagine baking and not knowing exactly when to take it out of the oven. Guesswork. Nope there's no buns rising at this time. I'd be feelin' it or puking it up or falling asleep at the wheel, my body reacts pretty quick and really knows asap when something's up or inside. I swear I was physically built to bear children. I didn't know I was so fertile. That other husband must of been shooting blanks like his dad always implied. I can't believe I didn't get pregnant until I was 30. Probably a good thing.

No comments: