Friday, October 05, 2007

Cravings: Real or Imagined


Being about three months pregnant lots of my co-workers have been asking me if I have any cravings. I keep answering, "None, that I noticed, so far." Well I think I notice something and I think it's mint! Yesterday one of my kind co-workers brought in some Girl Guide Cookies, the chocolate covered mint ones. I had a hard time keeping my hands off them even though I didn't want to start eating cookies at 6:30 in the morning. Between then and 1pm I admit I did gobble down 5 of them and then it occurred to me that lately I was chewing gum and enjoying a lot of mint tea. I don't usually go out of my way to have breath mints or gum but right now I have been. Last week I even shared an After Eight chocolate bar with my husband. Last time when I was pregant it was plain yogurt balkin style and before that it was lemons and limes. These certainly are not as strange as the stereotypical pickles and ice cream but nevertheless they are odd things for me to suddenly prefer. Our bodies want the craziest things! Real or Imagined? Is it all in our heads? Our tongues are in our heads.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have Girl Scout cookies, thin mints by the case in my freezer...last year was our last year doing Scouts with my daughter. If those cravings get too much let me know.
Enjoy your blog, if you'd like stop by mine someday, I have 2 actually my daily life and a book review one you can find on my profile. Good luck with the pregnancy.