Monday, October 29, 2007

Isn't pregancy fun?

Hormones are running through my body making me I N S A N E and teary eyed at commercials, children's books and all the beauty and kindness surrounding me. I have been very meticulous at work lately feeling easily irritated if I get to 'my' desk in the morning and the pens and the maps aren't in the right places or the books aren't standing up instead of laying down. I must have been driving my co-workers crazy with my little reminder notes about where to put this and how to leave that until I realized what I was doing. Lately my husband is buying all kinds of brown bread from a Celtic bakery in Whiterock and eating toast like crazy which is good if i feel sick or tired and nauseated or there's no leftovers. He just eats toast which normally he never eats. Usually we can't finish a loaf of bread before it goes stale or moldy to save our lives. Tea and toast, tea and toast, tea and toast and then there's crumbs everywhere and gooey knives left out, lids off j am jars, peanut butter on the counter instead of back in the cupboard where it belongs.Several mornings last week I was going to wrap up the toaster and take it to the donation bin! We didn't even have one a few months ago and just used the oven because we made toast so rarely. I left the whole mess out the previous day and refused to clean it up and it just got worse. Every afternoon I come home to it and just deal with it but with the way I've been feeling lately after doing that I feel too tired, frustrated or overwhelmed to start dinner right away. I even found peanut butter on the sock monkey I'm making which was across the kitchen on my counter, nowhere near the toaster I might add. I was feeling sorry for my cat Lucky who has a bladder infection but that is a whole other post. I decided to feed him some wet food that morning because I felt so sorry for him and had a bit of extra time before I left for work, although not enough time to clean up the mess from the day before that I had nothing to do with only to have it magically reappear the very same afternoon when I arrive home at 1pm. Lucky usually gets dry food and is fortunate if I have the time to feed him before I leave. Anyway, I used the ooey gooey knife and then put it back on the cutting board near all the crumbs and toast paraphernalia. THEN just before 6am when i was about to put my coat on my husband springs (literally) out of bed and asks me if i had time to prepare my lunch or eat/bring some breakfast. I said, "No, and i don't have time to wait." with panic in my voice. He INSISTS on making me a peanut butter sandwich which I like to eat at 8:30 with milk. By the time i got my coat and shoes on he was chasing me with the cat food and peanut butter sandwich! that he made practically in the dark because it IS still dark at the time I leave. I was wincing as i heard him scrapping the sides of the peanut butter jar with the contaminated knife as I scrambled to get dressed for the outdoors. Right now even thinking about this can drive me to kneel in the bathroom to puke. The other morning I almost puked because I stepped on a bug and saw the remnants. I use that jar too, what was i thinking! Why did i do something so petty and immature? Now i think it is so funny! and i think I may have learned a lesson. I think the toaster may be hidden sometime soon, or put in the cupboard right beside the box of Cream of Wheat that says in giant letters written across the box, 'PLEASE COOK ME IN THE MICROWAVE ONLY' from 2 years ago when I was pregnant with the little girl and cleaning the burnt pots was driving me nuts, which was just recently found with a big, 'What's this all about?' said to me. Now you know exactly how neurotic i am being lately.

No comments: