Sunday, July 09, 2006

Back to Work, Not sure how it happened but it did

Holy Macaroni! I went back to work. I am not sure why but for some reason I totally blocked the fact that I was supposed to return to work full time on July 4th. I was so sick over the weekend with the weirdest symptoms. Badbadbad headache and sore throat, fevers plus vomitting for good measure, not a lot of vomitting, then again there wasn't a lot of eating going on either, except Tuesday I was feeling a bit better so I ate a whole watermelon, should replace some electrolytes.I could barely lift my head and now almost a week later my husband has some of it accompanied by red eye, nasal drip and a dry, persistant cough. Anyway I suddenly get a call on Tuesday afternoon enquiring why I am not at work, being refreshed with my trainer. Goodness it NEVER occured to me that yes I had promised weeks ago that I would indeed be there. I spoke with my doctors about it and was advised to put it off or do a gradual return. I just never implemented it. How insane is that? In my mind it was all set up. Anyway I was carrying around that doctor's note for quite some time but now have seemed to have misplaced it. What a scatterbrain. I shouldn't be allowed out. Weekend passes only. Needless to say I had to make quick childcare arrangements and get my butt over to the hospital on Wednesday afternoon. Not a lot has changed in EmergXray in the last 16 months. My bosses forgave me, thank goodness. The staff has changed. There are a lot of new faces! I like my new boss Maureen and we have worked harmoniously in the past. She is very real. She has demention and is very understanding. I have seen her reach out to others and not be afraid to do the same when she needs to. There are tons of students and fattening snacks about. The work is relatively the same. Three days back and I feel like I've never left. I do miss my family though. The hours are late and seem long even when it's busy. I actually had to fill my tank this week. It cost me sixty dollars and I drive a sedan. Fortunately was able to find free parking two out of three days. I still can't believe I am back there. The baby seems irritable with me and just wants boob all the time. Poor daddy is the bedtime general and the cook and the washer and exhausted too. It is hard to get to sleep right away when I get home. Luckily I can get home by midnight. Good-bye life, hello work.

No comments: