Monday, November 30, 2009

It's almost done....

Shortly after the ground breaking my middle child and fiestiest daughter came home and said, "Mommy can we sing the secret duty song?" It took me a few minutes to figure out what she meant and it makes my heart almost leap out of my chest to hear her sing, "I love to see the temple." Now you can understand every word when she sings it since she's four now. Listen to the song here! We have visited the site every chance we get and have only been to Langley once without stopping by to see how the construction is going. Check out the street view on Google maps too! Love it! Vancouver Temple Public House will be Fri Apr 9 - 24, 2010 (Except Sundays) Cultural Celebration: Saturday May 1, 2010
Dedication: Sun May 2, 2010, three sessions (9am, 12 noon, 3pm)
You are invited!



{Thoughtfully}
I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.
I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.

© 1980 by Janice Kapp Perry.
Doctrine and Covenants 124:39–41

No comments: